Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Giving Thanks: Day 11

I have decided to undertake the challenge of finding
one thing
to be thankful for...........each day this month.   

It is amazing how a thankful heart can change your perspective - how being thankful for even the littlest things in life can bring a new joy or peace where there was once anxiety or frustration. 

I know this task will be a blessing to me.  And I pray that my list may somehow bless others - maybe bring that reminder, or spark a thought of something you are also grateful for. 

Day 1: I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Day 2: I am grateful for my husband.
Day 3: I am grateful for "Touchdown".
Day 4: I am grateful for "Curly Girly".
Day 5: I am grateful for "Squirt".
Day 6: I am grateful for "Sweetness".
Day 7: I am grateful that I am a mom.
Day 8: I am grateful that I can homeschool.
Day 9: I am grateful for God's Word.
Day 10: I am grateful for my home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Day 11:
I am grateful for books.
 

There is something wonderful about snuggling up with a good book.  I love books.  They take you places while you stay warm, cozy and relaxed at home.  They provide adventure while you lie in bed drained after a long day.  You can be anyone and do anything while your hands are gripping a good book.  
I love that my family loves books.  Even from early ages, my children would bring me book after book to read to them.   And we have tried to foster this love of books - for with it they can do so much.  Books can bring knowledge and growth, they can squelch boredom, and they can unite people.  I am so grateful for a family that loves to share books with one another.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What are you thankful for today?  I'd love to hear from you

No comments:

Post a Comment