Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Day of Giving Thanks: Day 7

I have decided to undertake the challenge of finding
one thing
to be thankful for...........each day this month.   

It is amazing how a thankful heart can change your perspective - how being thankful for even the littlest things in life can bring a new joy or peace where there was once anxiety or frustration. 

I know this task will be a blessing to me.  And I pray that my list may somehow bless others - maybe bring that reminder, or spark a thought of something you are also grateful for. 

Day 1: I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Day 2: I am grateful for my husband.
Day 3: I am grateful for "Touchdown".
Day 4: I am grateful for "Curly Girly".
Day 5: I am grateful for "Squirt".
Day 6: I am grateful for "Sweetness".
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Day 7:
I am grateful that I am a mom.
 
 
This is what I always dreamed of being!  It's easy to forget this in the midst of messy, hectic, crazy moments that go with motherhood.  But I am really living my dream life here! 
 
Although it was only a short time ago, when I wondered if I would ever be graced with the name of mom.  I can't forget the elation I felt when I saw my first positive pregnancy test.  I called my doctor and set up my first appointment.  I bought a pregnancy book and faithfully started reading about this wonderful miracle.  Then at 12 weeks, we found out that our baby had died.  I had what was called a missed-miscarriage.  I never even imagined that it could happen to me.  I felt inadequate, useless.  This was all I had ever dreamed of.  And with a job offer for my husband that very day and a move to a new city, we put our family planning on hold.  And it hurt.  The inadequacy stayed with me for almost 3 years.  But God had a plan for me and I am so very grateful that His plan included me being mom to these 4 beauties. 
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What are you thankful for today?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment